Help Build the Union - Help us Mobilize
Work to build the Union for the Change We Need
Union members bargain for improvements like raises and pensions, and we demand respect and dignity on the job, but 93% of American private sector workers are without any voice at all. This makes it harder for all of us to move forward.
We need your help
We need to speak to these workers and help them form unions and bargain contracts and they need to hear from you about your experiences and your hopes for the future.
How to do it is simple:
- The Union will negotiate time off from work for you
- The Union will reimburse your wages and expenses while you do Union work
- When the Union work is done you can go back to your normal work schedule
You need to:
- Be willing to talk to people, ask questions, listen, and help educate about the union
- Be willing to work different hours, sometimes nights and weekends
- Be willing to travel to campaigns and stay over night
- Want to help people change their lives for the better
It’s not a problem:
To get started contact Shirley Sobczak at 315-558-4843 or email@example.com or at the union hall at 1-800-383-3797.
- A car helps, but we can work out transportation
- No experience is necessary, you will work directly with a union organizer
- Being a steward is good, but if you’re not this is a good way to get involved in building the Union
- Union work can be for 3 months or 1 day. We know your time is important to you, your family and your employer.