As we witnessed last year with Hickey Freeman and most recently with the Motts strike, political strength is a vital component of a successful Union. Political allies can help with contract fights, threats of layoffs and closures, and can help our companies remain competitive by supporting worker friendly legislation.
Political strength helps us fight for a better life and better future for our members and their families. The Political Action Committee is the most effective way to make Workers United’s members’ voice heard in the political arena. Through voluntary PAC contributions, our members can pool their resources to help compete with the amount of anti-worker corporate cash being poured into the elections.
We need you and your union brothers and sisters to get involved in our Political Action program! There are many ways you can contribute:
* Fill out a voluntary payroll deduction to contribute to PAC
* Attend regular PAC meetings, the second Tuesday of every month
* Attend PAC events and political fundraisers
* Speak to your fellow union members about the importance of participating in PAC
* Attend Labor walks and phone banks for our endorsed candidates
* Attend Lobby days in Albany to tell our politicians directly what issues are important to us.
Help make our Union even stronger by joining PAC today!
For more information please call me at 585-242-7558.
The Campaign Fund & C.O.P.E. Committee Meeting schedule for
2011 is now available online.
View Schedule >>